Support to RRDS partners in two project functional regions – (i) Srem – Mačva i (ii) Šumadija – Kolubara – is organized through capacity building and co-financing of projects by the five (5) rural-regional partnerships:
1. Development of Sumadija Territorial Identity by Supporting the Key Sectors of Rural Economy – areas of work: fruit, grape and wine productions, traditional products and tourism. In total, 20 partners involved – 9 from public, 6 private and 5 from the civil sector; and covers territory of around 395.000 citizens.
2. Initiative for Improvement of Economic and Social position of Women in Rural Areas of Sumadija and Kolubara Districts – development of mechanisms for support and empowering women in rural areas. In total, 27 partners involved – 9 from public, 5 private and 13 from the civil sector; and covers territory of around 421.000 citizens.
3. Improvement of Production and Processing of Medicinal Herbs and Berry Fruit in The Function of Preventing further Rural Migrations and Devastation – areas of work: honey, aromatic and medicine herbs and berry-fruit production. In total, 31 partners involved – 13 from public, 7 private and 8 from the civil sector, as well as 3 individuals; and covers territory of around 313.000 citizens.
4. Model of Integrated Regional Development through Broad Partnership in the Area of Rural Tourism on the territory of Srem – development of cycling in the function of rural tourism development. In total, 26 partners involved – 16 from public, 4 private and 6 from the civil sector; and covers territory of around 433.000 citizens.
5. Support to the Use of Bio-Mass Integrated into the Regional System of Energy Efficiency and Use of Renewable Energy Resources in Srem – use of renewable resources of energy in the function of rural development. In total, 30 partners involved – 19 from public, 3 private and 8 from the civil sector; and covers territory of around 433.000 citizens.
Each partnership (initiative) has, with the support of the RRDS team, prepared a 3-year Action plan serving as a basis to develop proposals for financing from the RRDS Fund, total value CHF 1.620.000. In total 7 projects are financed with a total value of CHF 1.745.144, out which CHF 1.371.537 represents is Swiss donation:
1. Improving Competitiveness of Wine Producers in Sumadija – IMPULS Wine
2. Bicycle Tourism towards Rural and Regional Development of Srem
3. Establishment of the Regional Support System to the Energy Efficiency Development and Renewable Energy Sources Usage in Srem Region
4. Improvement of economic and social position of women in rural areas of Sumadija and Kolubara districts
5. Improvement of production and quality of honey in Mačva – Kolubara region
6. The Sumadija Plum
7. Preparation of two regions Srem (7 municipalities) and Sumadija with Pomoravlje (13 municipalities) for DMO establishment